Our mission is to provide high-quality, individualized veterinary care. Please review the following hospital policies:
We can be contacted by phone or email. Emails and voicemails are monitored during regular business hours. Please use the following recommendations for communication:
- Email: non-urgent matters, such as non-emergent medical questions or medication refills. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for a response.
- Voicemail: non-urgent matters, such as non-emergent medical questions or medication refills, that occur during regular business hours or after hours.
- Phone: possible emergency situations and appointment requests.
- For emergencies after hours: please call BluePearl Pet Hospital in Langhorne, PA (215-750-2774), BluePearl Pet Hospital in Levittown, PA (215-750-7884), or Northstar VETS in Robbinsville, NJ (609-259-8300).
We appreciate the confidence placed in us at LAH and acknowledge that the greatest compliment is when our valued clients recommend us to their family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Our Refer-a-Friend program provides us with the opportunity to give back to our loyal clients. For each new client referred, we will apply a $15 credit to your account after your friend’s first visit. We’ll give your friend a $15 credit as well!
Safety in Our Parking Lot and Lobby
For the safety of you, your pet, and others, all dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in a carrier. If we are assisting you in the parking lot, we will use a hospital leash to walk into our building. Please note that our staff is not able to get into the car to retrieve pets.
Annual physical examinations, sick visit examinations, and many follow-up/recheck appointments will be scheduled with one of our doctors. Some follow-up visits (such as additional vaccines after an examination) and grooming/nail trim appointments may be scheduled as a visit with a veterinary nurse. If you are scheduled for a nurse’s visit and have additional concerns, please call before your appointment so we can ensure our doctor is available to see your pet.
Our hospital has a policy on missed appointments. We understand that inadvertently missing appointments can sometimes happen. However, missed appointments impact the ability of others to make appointments and can delay or prevent their pets from receiving timely care. To be fair to all of our clients, the following policy is in place:
- As a courtesy, we provide a reminder call before your appointment. However, you are responsible to remember your appointment.
- Patients should plan to arrive 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time. A client that arrives 10 minutes or more after their scheduled appointment will be required to reschedule and their appointment will be considered “missed”. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
- Please call or email at least 24 hours in advance to cancel an appointment. An appointment will be considered “missed” if a client fails to show up for their appointment or fails to cancel an appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
- All missed appointments will result in a reminder call or email notification of the missed appointment. A second missed appointment will result in a mailed letter restating the policy and a no-show fee. The third missed appointment, within one year, will lead to a letter of dismissal from the practice. All missed appointments are cumulative within a family.
- Payment is due at the time services are rendered.
- We accept cash, check, most major credit cards, and debit cards. We do charge a processing fee for returned/bounced checks.
- We do not directly bill insurance companies. However, we are happy to provide you with the necessary documentation to submit a claim to your pet insurance carrier.
Due to Federal Law, we are unable to accept returns on medications and other prescription items. Unused medication may be donated to a local animal rescue or may be disposed of at the Lambertville Police Department Prescription Drop Box.