The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) categorizes veterinary hospitals as “essential businesses.” Therefore, as long as we are not instructed to close, Lambertville Animal Hospital plans to remain open and available to help our patients during this time of crisis.
It is already our standard to have team members wash their hands before and after each exam and for us to use medical-grade disinfectant on all patient areas after every appointment. We have expanded this policy to include the use of disinfectant in client areas and high-touch surfaces both before and after every appointment as well as at the beginning and end of every work day.
There is no current evidence that pets can transmit the virus between people. However, to limit the spread of this virus human-to-human and minimize exposure risk to our clients as well as our team, the following temporary changes have been put into effect:
- At this time we are still seeing medical and surgical appointments.
- Online/telemedicine appointments may be available for some conditions. Please call for more information or to schedule.
- Pet entrance into the hospital will be coordinated by phone. Please call from our parking lot and wait in your car for assistance. You may be asked to stay in your car while we examine your pet.
- All credit card payments will be taken over the phone, and cash or checks will be collected car-side by one of our staff members to limit foot traffic into and out of the hospital.
- Our hours may be subject to change on a day-to-day basis and without much warning. We will do our very best to keep you up-to-date with any changes as they arise and will continue regularly checking voicemails.
- Please call upon arrival to the hospital and remain in your vehicle with your pet. Do not enter the building without instruction.
- One of our staff members will come to your car to collect a car-side history and discuss your needs prior to taking your pet inside for treatment. All dogs must be leashed and all cats must be in a carrier.
- Clients with dogs may be asked to enter the lobby to hand off their pet, rather than doing so in the parking lot. This is for everyone’s safety. In either case, a staff member will apply a hospital slip leash, and you will be asked to unhook your personal leash and keep it with you while you wait in your car for the duration of the appointment.
- No clients will be allowed to wait in the waiting room.
- After the medical team evaluates your animal, a staff member will come to your car window or contact you by phone to discuss recommendations and a treatment plan. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this method.
When picking up medications or food:
- Please call ahead prior to entering the building.
- A staff member will take credit card payment over the phone or will provide specific instructions regarding other payment methods.
- All products will be brought to your car.
- Note that we are not currently not experiencing any significant shortages or delays. However, we ask that you allow extra processing time for all medication or food requests.